Barcelona is one of the most magical cities in Europe with its glorious architecture and elegant boulevards. Barcelona is renowned for being one of the biggest backpacking destinations in Europe. Below is a list of Cheap Hostels in Barcelona. All the hostels listed below have wifi included and all offer a bed in a dorm room for between €11 to €15 per night. Check HostelWorld to get exact prices for your dates. Some of Barcelona's hostels cater more to the party scene while others are more chilled out.
Barcelona has some fascinating tourist attractions that include Sagrada Familia and all other Gaudi designed architecture. Barcelona also has an amazing nightlife scene with many great restaurants, bars and clubs.
1. Cheap Hostels in Barcelona - INOUT Hostel
INOUT Hostel is located in Collserola Park in Barcelona and it's just 20 minutes by metro to the centre of Barcelona. All room types include a free breakfast which includes a choice of cereals, a selection of bread and pastries, fresh fruit, juices, tea and coffee.
The property has many terraces, and during the hot summer months you can cool down in their outdoor pool. They also offer free WiFi throughout and their onsite Bar is opened 24 hours.
They offer either 10 or 14 bed dorm rooms and quadruple rooms ideal for a group of 4. Amenities/services include 24/7 reception, free city maps, security lockers and kitchen facilities.
Address: Carrer Major del Rectoret, 2, 08017 Barcelona.
Prices: Dorms from €11.00 & Quadruple rooms from €68.00
2. Hostels in Barcelona - St Christopher's Barcelona
St Christopher's Barcelona is located in the centre of Barcelona and only a few minutes walk to Las Ramblas and many other main tourist attractions in Barcelona.
All guests get 25% off food at their restaurant and have great deals on drinks at their bar (Belushi's Bar). They have Free Wifi on every floor in the building.
Their dorm room bunk beds are designed in a pod style with each bunk having a power socket, personal light and dark curtains so you can have a comfy sleep. They offer 8 or 12 bed dorm rooms. They female and male only dorms and mixed dorms.
Address: Carrer de Bergara, 3, 08002 Barcelona.
Prices: Dorms from €12.90
3. Cheap Hostels in Barcelona - The Hipstel
The Hipstel is located bang in the centre of Barcelona. Free WI-Fi is available throughout the hostel. Their multilingual receptionists will be happy to help you to plan your day around the city.
There are many common areas, including a lounge and TV room. There is a fully equipped kitchen where you can cook your own meals.
Address: Carrer de València, 266, 08007 Barcelona.
Prices: Dorms from €13.90 & Privates from €44.00
4. Hostels in Barcelona - Hola Hostel Eixample
Hola Hostel Eixample is located in the Barcelona's Eixample District and it's only a 10-minute walk to both Plaza Catalunya and Sagrada Família Basilica. Tetuan Metro Stop servicing is 400 metres away, and Estació del Nord Bus Station is only a 5-minute walk away.
The property has a 24-hour reception, free bed linen and Wifi access is free. Breakfast is included and serviced every morning from 7 am to 9 am. It has a large outdoor terrace and a living room that comes equipped with a flat-screen TV.
Rooms and beds are spacious and well air-conditioned.
Address: Calle Napoles, 149, 08013 Barcelona.
Prices: Dorms from €14.00
5. Cheap Hostels in Barcelona - Ideal Youth Hostel
Ideal Youth Hostel is located only 50 meters from Las Ramblas and a 12-minute walk to the beach. They have a beautiful a where you can chill out after a tough day of sightseeing.
The front desk is opened 24 hours. Other facilities offered include a shared lounge, a games room and a tour desk. They offer 4, 6, 8 and 10-bed dorm rooms and the entire hostel has free Wifi.
Address: Carrer de la Unió, 10-12, 08001 Barcelona.
Prices: Dorms from €14.00
6. Hostels in Barcelona - Amistat Beach Hostel Barcelona
Amistat Beach Hostel just 400 meters away from one of the best beaches of Barcelona (Playa de la Mar Bella). They offer plenty of free amenities including Pasta, Wifi (throughout the property) and breakfast.
They have a 24-hour reception, many common areas but the stand out feature is their fully equipped communal kitchen. Their rooms are well designed to ensure maximum comfort and all have air conditioning. They offer 4, 6, 8 and 12 bed dorm rooms.
Address: Carrer de la Amistat, 21-23, 08005 Barcelona.
Prices: Dorms from €14.80
Book Your Trip to Barcelona
Book Your Accommodation
Recommended Tours in Barcelona
I recommend GetYourGuide for Tours. They offer highly unique tours with Local Guides. Below are a selection of some of the most popular tours in Barcelona.
- Sagrada Familia Fast-Track Ticket - Gain fast track entrance to Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, and explore Barcelona's most-visited tourist site.
- Picasso & Gothic Quarter Guided Walking Tour - Skip the line on your visit to the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. Head to the core of Barcelona, where the city was founded 2,000 years ago and enjoy a unique virtual reality tour of the Gothic Quarter with 3D glasses.
- City Sights Highlight Bike Tour - Discover Barcelona on a bike tour. Ride over bike lanes, pedestrian paths, and parks and gardens to the city's most beautiful sights.
- Palau de la Música Guided Tour - Explore an icon of Barcelona’s Modernist architecture on a 45-minute guided tour of the Palau de la Música Catalana, with access to areas of the iconic building normally off-limits to the public.
- Flamenco Show at City Hall Theater - Experience the passion of flamenco music and dance with a ticket to a 1-hour performance at Barcelona's historic City Hall Theater.
Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, cancellations and much more. I recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, BHE earns a commission if you make a purchase. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.