Last Updated on
Cheap Hostels in Budapest
This is a list of Cheap Hostels in Budapest.
Want to make the most of Budapest trip but have to watch your budget? If you want to save on the accommodation and spend your money on the fun, then take a look at our amazing list of cheap hostels in Budapest! All of the hostels here offer either a mixed, male or female dorm rooms. These are always the cheapest option. And of course, you’ll get the chance to meet fellow travellers and pick up tips on what to see and do!
Hostels often offer other ways to save money, such as communal kitchen facilities where you can cook your own meals and some hostels also offer very cheap meal options. All the hostels listed below have wifi included and all offer a bed in a dorm room for between €5 to €8 per night and all hostels have a rating of 8/10 or higher on Hostelworld.
1. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Baroque Hostel
Baroque Hostel is located next to the famous Hero Square and close to city park (Vrosliget), and most of the other famous sights including the Museum of Fine Arts, the Art Hall, the Szechenyi Thermal Baths, and the Skating Rink. They offer quality hospitality in a youthful environment at affordable rates.
Dorms from €5.00
2. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Fifth Hostel
Fifth Hostel offers free WiFi, a fully equipped kitchen, a common room with armchairs, a couch and a TV set, a washing machine and a tumble dryer. All of our rooms contain chairs, table and individual lockers free of charges. The Hostel is fully air-conditioned and is one of the highest rated hostels in Budapest.
Dorms from €5.85
3. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Cooltour Hostel
CoolTour Hostel is located in the heart of Budapest, a short walk from Deak Square and the well known Kiraly Street. Here, you can find everything unique to Budapest from the famous ruin bars to excellent street food and much more. CoolTour Hostel prides itself on cleanliness and is committed to keeping their kitchen, common area and dorms to an exceptional standard.
Dorms from €6.47
4. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Meander Hostel
Meander hostel is centrally located, close to St. Stephens Basilica, and a block from Budapest's theatre district, with its cafes, bars, restaurants and street food. This location makes it possible to walk to all the major sites in Budapest. There an indoor and courtyard common areas, a well equipped kitchen, free tea and coffee, and the option to share a cheap communal meal every night.
Dorms from €6.47
5. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Home Made Hostel
Home Made Hostel offers spacious rooms and comfy beds (no bunk beds). They have many free amenities including a guest kitchen, common room, free wifi throughout, free use of Skype headsets, free safe, free towel hire and bed linen and free tea and coffee.
Dorms from €6.50
6. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Hostel Budapest Center
This hostel has not 1 but 4 fully equipped guest kitchens. A breakfast is available at an extra cost of €3.30. The rooms are protected with soundproof doors insuring you get the best possible sleep. All rooms are equipped with a private shower, wifi, safe, lockers, cosmetic mirrors and a table and desk.
Dorms from €6.82
7. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - The Hive Party Hostel Budapest
At the Hive Hostel, every room is air-conditioned and ensuite so you can stay cool. The lockers work with a keycard system for your security. If you get hungry you can prepare something in the fully equipped kitchen. Here the staff will arrange anything you need: pub crawls, sightseeing tours, daytime spa baths. The building surrounds an impressive central courtyard, where you can find one of the best ruin bar of Budapest.
Dorms from €7.00
8. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Casa de la Musica Hostel
Casa de la Musica Hostel is located in the center of Budapest, close to places of interest, party spots and cultural monuments. They have a terrace bar, common areas and meeting rooms. There's also a great pool on the terrace open in the summertime.
Dorms from €7.00
9. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Carpe Noctem Vitae
Carpe Noctem Vitae offers the perfect balance between providing a wide range of amenities and facilities of a large hostel, but making you feel relaxed in a sociable, fun and family-esq atmosphere. Vitae’s has many common areas for you to meet and mingle with other guests. The staff will prepare cheap family-dinners for you for only the cost of the meal’s ingredients. Vitae’s 3 modern kitchens are accessible 24/7.
Dorms from €7.15
10. Cheap Hostels in Budapest - Grandio Party Hostel
Grandio Party Hostel & Ruin Bar is located in central Budapest near the metro and is ideal for those looking to meet their fellow travellers. The friendly staff of this lively hostel are happy to share their knowledge of the city and host nightly parties, pub crawls and boat cruises. They have a large beer garden and many pop-art murals on the walls of the property.
Dorms from €7.15
Book Your Trip to Budapest
Book Your Accommodation
To book a hostel in Budapest, always use HostelWorld to get the best possible price. If you wish to stay in a hotel, use Booking.com to find the cheapest rates. Below is a selection my favourite hostels in Budapest.
- Hostel One Budapest - Best overall hostel in Budapest.
- Hostel One Basilica - Best hostel for solo travellers.
- Fifth Hostel - Best cheap hostel in Budapest.
- Grandio Party Hostel - Best party hostel in Budapest.
Recommended Tours in Budapest
I recommend GetYourGuide for Tours. They offer highly unique tours with Local Guides. Below are a selection of some of the most interesting tours in Budapest.
- Small Group Ruin Bar Tour - Wander through Budapest's atmospheric Jewish Quarter stopping in at many of the best known ruin bars in budapest.
- Széchenyi Spa Full-Day Entrance Pass - Skip the queue at Budapest's world-famous thermal spring spa, Széchenyi Bath. It's the largest thermal spring bath complex in Europe, it comprises 3 outdoor and 15 indoor pools.
- 1-Hour Sightseeing Cruise with Welcome Drink - See the sights of Budapest from the River Danube on a 1-hour sightseeing cruise, and enjoy a seasonal cocktail or soft drink along the way.
- St Stephen's Basilica Tour with Tower Access - Skip the queue and take a guided tour of Saint Stephen's Basilica including an exclusive visit to its dome and enjoy panoramic views of Budapest.
- Original Budapest Pub Crawl and VIP Club Entrance - Discover the best ruin bars of Budapest on this 4-hour pub crawl of the city center, and then enjoy VIP entrance to one of the best clubs in town!
Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, cancellations and much more. I recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, BHE earns a commission if you make a purchase. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.