Last Updated on
Best Hostels in Copenhagen
Check out our picks for the Best Hostels in Copenhagen, Denmark. Hostels in Copenhagen are of a very high standard, however, they are expensive.
When choosing a hostel in Copenhagen or any other city, you should consider the following:
- Check-in/Check-out times – Check-out time for most hostels in Copenhagen is 12 noon. Check-in time for most hostels is between 2 pm and 4 pm. Please note that nearly every hostel in Copenhagen offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check in or out.
- Free wifi – We all need Wifi when we travel. Every hostel will have wifi but some won't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. My advice is to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi. There's nothing worse than a slow connection.
- Kitchen – If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in Copenhagen only have partially equipped kitchens.
- Age Restrictions – With most hostels in Copenhagen, you have to be between 18 and 39 years old, but with some youth hostel, you have to be under 35 to stay in a dorm. If you are want to stay in a private room, there are normally no age restrictions.
- Costs - Hostels in Copenhagen are some of the most expensive in Europe. In bed in a dorm room starts at €14 per night (normally large dorm rooms), but expect to pay €25 to €40 per night in a medium sized dorm room (6 to 10 beds). As with all other major cities in Europe prices at the weekend tend to be 20% to 40% higher. Check HostelWorld to get exact prices for your dates.
1. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Urban House Copenhagen
Colbjørnsensgade 5-11, Copenhagen.
Urban House is located in the city centre, close to vintage shops and retro bars. You will sleep in comfortable private or shared rooms and have access to the kitchen, common areas and free WiFi.
Dorms from €19.30
2. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Sleep in Heaven
Struenseegade 7, Copenhagen.
The hostel is located in the multicultural area of Norrebro, near Assistens cemetery and about a 10-minute walk from the metro going to the city centre. It's a lively hostel and is surrounded by second-hand stores and alternative bars. This hostel also happens to be the cheapest hostel in Copenhagen.
Dorms from €13.90
3. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Copenhagen Downtown Hostel
Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen.
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel is centrally located, just between Christiansborg Palace and the Tivoli gardens, within walking distance of Kastellet, the Little Mermaid and Freetown Christiania.
Dorms from €14.10
4. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Woodah Hostel
Abel Catherine's Gade 1-3, Copenhagen.
Woodah will have special appeal to travellers who are open minded interested in the universe of yoga and general sustainable living. They support local, organic, fair-trade and other kinds of earth-friendly products.
Dorms from €28.40
5. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Generator Hostel Copenhagen
Adelgade 7, Copenhagen.
Generator Hostel Copenhagen is in a great central location for exploring the city on foot. This hostel features large, solid under-bed lockers and privacy screens on the bunks and all of their rooms are ensuite.
Dorms from €20.70
6. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Danhostel Copenhagen Bellahøj
Herbergvejen 8, 2700 Brønshøj, Copenhagen.
This hostel is located in green surroundings, 4 km from Copenhagen's main pedestrian street, Strøget. It offers FREE private parking and a communal kitchen. All rooms have shared bathroom facilities.
Dorms from €19.30
7. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Globalhagen Hostel
Ravnsborggade 11, Copenhagen.
Globalhagen Hostel is non-profit and the proceeds go to the NGO Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke / Action Aid. The hostel is located right in the heart of the vibrant and multicultural neighbourhood of Nørrebro.
Dorms from €20.10
8. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Danhostel Copenhagen City
H.C.Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen.
Apart from the building’s exceptionally fine view over the city’s skyline, the Opera House and Islands Brygge, they’re centrally located within walking distance of all major attractions, City Hall Square, Tivoli and the always-bustling city centre.
Droms from €19.30
9. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - A&O Copenhagen Nørrebro
Tagensvej 135-137, Copenhagen.
A&O Copenhagen Nørrebro is located next to Copenhagen Bispebjerg Railway Station and offers modern rooms with flat-screen TV, comfortable beds and free Wi-Fi. The hostel includes a stylish bar, a guest kitchen and a spacious lobby.
Dorms from €17.20
10. Best Hostels in Copenhagen - Bedwood Hostel
Nyhavn 63C, Copenhagen.
Bedwood is located in the vibrant Nyhavn district, right in Copenhagen city centre, This area is known for its historic wooden boats, a lot of cafes and small art shops and a lot of markets.
Dorms from €16.00
Disclosure: Most of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation via our link, BHE earns a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.