Last Updated on 29th July 2020 by Michael McGuinness
Cheap Hostels in London
Check out our picks for the Best Cheap Hostels in London.
London is an amazing city with rich history, beautiful architecture, excellent food, great parks and buzzing nightlife. London is also renowned for having some of the most famous tourist sights in the world, from the Tower Bridge to Buckingham Palace. We all know London is one the most expensive cities in Europe, however, it still can be explored even if you are on a tight budget.
Want to make the most of London trip but have to watch your budget? If you want to save on the accommodation and spend your money on the fun, then take a look at our amazing list of good value hostels in London!
All of the hostels here offer either a mixed, male or female dorm rooms. These are always the cheapest option. And of course, you’ll get the chance to meet fellow travellers and pick up tips on what to see and do! Hostels often offer other ways to save money, such as communal kitchen facilities where you can cook your meals and some hostels also offer very cheap meal options. All the hostels listed below have WiFi included and all offer a bed in a dorm room for between €10 and €28 per night.
General Info on Hostels in London
- Check-in/Check-out times – Check-out time at most hostels in London is 10 am. Whereas Check-out time at most hostels in Europe is at 11 am or 12 noon. Check-in for is between 2 pm and 4 pm. Please note that nearly every hostel in London offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check-in or out.
- Breakfast – Most hostels in London offer breakfast for a reasonable price (at a lot of hostels only £1.00).
- Free wifi – We all need Wifi when we travel. Every hostel will have wifi but some won't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. My advice is to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi. There's nothing worse than a slow connection.
- Kitchen – If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in London only have partially equipped kitchens.
- Age Restrictions – With most hostels in London, you have to be between 18 and 40 years old to stay in a dorm room. If you are want to stay in a private room, there are normally no age restrictions.
- Costs: Hostels in London start at €10, but expect to pay €14 to €20 per night for a good cheap hostel.
The 10 Best Cheap Hostels in London
1. Cheap Hostels in London | Rest Up London
- Room Types Offered: Dorms, Privates
- Price: Dorms from €10.00, Privates from €62.00
- Female Only Dorms: Yes
- Breakfast Included: No but available at an extra cost (€6.00)
- Guest Kitchen: Yes.
- Neighbourhood: Vinohrady.
- Bar: Yes.
I hope this list of the best cheap hostels in London helps you pick a hostel that best suits your needs during your stay in Edinburgh. In general the overall standard of hostels in Edinburgh is superb but there are still mediocre ones. Hopefully this list will help you avoid mediocre hostels to ensure you enjoy your stay in Edinburgh.
Book Your Trip to London
Best Website to Book a Hostel
Hostelworld is by far the biggest and the best website for booking hostels because they have the best availability and prices. The website is designed to include many filters to help find a hostel that best suits your needs. For instance, you can filter hostels by price or by rating for a particular city.
Recommended Tours in London
I recommend GetYourGuide for Tours. They offer highly unique tours with Local Guides.
Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, cancellations and much more. I recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, BHE earns a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.