Last Updated on
Best Hostels in Frankfurt
This a guide to the Best Hostels in Frankfurt, Germany and some of them offer very good value starting from only €18 per night for a bed in a dorm room.
Frankfurt doesn’t have a large selection of hostels. In fact, Frankfurt only has 16 hostels and we have narrowed this down to the best four.
General Info on Hostels in Frankfurt
- Check out time - Check out time for most hostels in Frankfurt is 11 am, but at some hostels, the check out time is 10 am. Some hostels offer a late check but for an extra fee. You will have to consult with them while you are there though. Please note that nearly every hostel in Frankfurt offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check in or out. But it's also worth double checking this if you require this service.
- Free breakfast - Only some hostels in Frankfurt include breakfast in the price. If it is included in the price this saves you on the cost of breakfast.
- Free wifi - We all need Wifi when we travel. Every hostel will have wifi but some won't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. My advice is to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi. There's nothing worse than a slow connection.
- Kitchen - If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in Frankfurt only have partially equipped kitchens.
- Costs - In bed in a dorm room starts at €18 per night (normally large dorm rooms), but expect to pay over €20 per night in a medium sized dorm room (8 to 10 beds). Cheaper hostels generally have poor reviews, but some highly rated hostels are also cheap. As with all other major cities in Europe prices at the weekend tend to be 20% to 40% higher. Check HostelWorld to get exact prices for your dates.
1. Best Hostels in Frankfurt - Frankfurt Hostel
Frankfurt Hostel is the best, most popular hostel and cheapest hostel for backpackers in Frankfurt as they do everything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The location is ideal is it is only steps from Frankfurt's Main Central Train Station, 10 minutes to the centre, shopping mile and the Old Town.
They offer a free all you can eat breakfast every morning, a free pasta dinner party every night and a free walking tour every day. For women, the female only dorms perfect for solo female travellers. Amenities include Free wifi, a Guest Kitchen, 24/7 Reception and there is an on-site Bar/Cafe.
Prices: Dorms from €17.80 & Privates from €46.60
Address: Kaiserstraße 74, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
2. Best Hostels in Frankfurt - Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt
Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt is in an excellent location just around the corner from the Main Train Station and about a 15-minute walk to the centre. This hostel hosts free dinner nights, activities/events every day and also has a bar that is open 24 hours.
This hostel offers many other free amenities including Free wifi, Free towels, Free lockers & padlocks, Free luggage storage, the use of a guest kitchen and Free tea & coffee. Breakfast is available every morning for an extra of €6.50 and it is both vegetarian and vegan friendly. Five Elements also has some gorgeously designed private rooms.
Prices: Dorms from €22.85 & Privates from €91.20
Address: Moselstraße 40, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
The Best Travel Backpack!
Are you looking for the perfect travel backpack? Well look no further as The Nomatic Travel Bag is simply the best Travel Bag/Backpack on the market. This 30L carry-on travel bag is super durable, water resistant and has over 20 cool features.
3. Best Hostels in Frankfurt - A&O Frankfurt Ostend
A&O Frankfurt Ostend is located near the Frankfurt Ost train station (a 10-minute walk) and about a 30-minute walk to the centre. It is also very close to Frankfurt Zoo.
This large hostel has 226 rooms and is the newest and most modern hostel in Frankfurt. It also has a few amenities that you wouldn't normally find in a hostel such as Meeting rooms for Businessmen, coworking space for Digital Nomads and a children's play area making it ideal for families. They offer an all you can eat breakfast buffet for an extra fee. High-Speed Wifi is free and available throughout is the building and there is also a late check-out option.
Prices: Dorms from €26.50 & Privates from €73.90
Address: Hanauer Landstraße 207, 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
4. Best Hostels in Frankfurt - A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte
A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte is situated 20 minutes from the Main Train Station (Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof) and the centre can easily be reached via public transport on either the S-Bahn or tram. The Galluswarte stop is right beside the hostel.
Amenities/features include Reception 24/7, Pool table, free Wifi, multilingual staff, Self-Catering Facilities, Laundry Facilities, Vending machines and an On-site ATM. A breakfast buffet is available every morning and costs €7.00. By far the standout feature of this hostel is The SkyBar. Here you will get panoramic views of Frankfurt's skyline while enjoying a drink.
Prices: Dorms from €23.90 & Privates from €71.90
Address: Mainzer Landstraße 226-230, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
I hope this list helps you pick a hostel that best suits your needs during your stay in Frankfurt. In general, the overall standard of hostels in Frankfurt is good but there are still some bad and mediocre ones. Hopefully, this list will help you avoid bad and mediocre hostels to ensure you enjoy your stay in Frankfurt.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, BHE earns a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going. Thanks for the Support!