Best Hostels in Bratislava
Check out our picks for the Best Hostels in Bratislava, Slovakia. This is a list of the best hostels to consider booking when travelling to Bratislava on a backpacker budget.
General Info on Hostels in Bratislava
- Check out time: Check out time for most hostels in Bratislava is 11 am, but at some hostels, the check out time is 10 am. Some hostels offer a late check but for an extra fee. You will have to consult with them on this while you are there though. Please note that nearly every hostel in Riga offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check-in or out. But it's also worth double checking on it if you require this service.
- Free breakfast: Only some hostels in Bratislava include breakfast in the price. If it is included in the price this saves you on the cost of breakfast.
- Free WiFi: We all need WiFi while we travel. Every hostel will have WiFi but some won't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. My advice is to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi. There's nothing worse than a slow connection.
- Kitchen: If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in Bratislava have no kitchens, others have partially equipped kitchens and some hostels have large fully equipped kitchens with a dining area.
- Age Restrictions: To stay at most hostels in Bratislava, you have to be between 18 and 39 years old, but with some youth hostels, you have to be under 35 to stay in a dorm. If you want to stay in a private room in a hostel, there are normally no age restrictions.
- Costs: In bed in a dorm room starts at only €7 per night (normally in large dorm rooms), but expect to pay between €9 and €12 per night in a medium-sized dorm room (6 to 10 beds). Cheaper hostels generally have poor reviews, but some highly rated hostels are also cheap. As with all other major cities in Europe prices at the weekend or at holiday periods tend to be 20% to 40% higher. For hostels, the city tax costs €1.70 per person per night and some hostels in Bratislava don't include this in the price. However, students under 26 are exempt from this city tax.
The 10 Best Hostels in Bratislava
1. Hostel Folks
Hostel Folks is set in a central location just across the street from St. Michael's Gate. This leads straight to the historical centre and the heart of Bratislava's vibrant nightlife scene.
Hostel Folks offers 8 bed mixed and 6-bed female-only dorm rooms. The dorm rooms are large, fresh and very clean. They also have a large selection of private rooms. The hostel has a large common area with free coffee & tea making facilities. You can also avail of their fully equipped kitchen to prepare your meals.
- Dorms from €33.00
- Privates from €12.00
CHORS Like a hotel is a new small boutique hostel located in the centre of Bratislava. This hostel is very well designed in an industrial and comtepary style.
Their dorm rooms have a super cool design. They offer 4, 6 and bed mixed dorms. The dorms are very spacious and each bed come with its own light and power socket. It seems a little pricey with dorms starting at €19.00 but this price includes breakfast and the city tax (€1.70 per night).
- Dorms from €19.00
- Privates from €66.00
3. Hostel Blues
Hostel Blues is ideally located in the Bratislava's old town. The hostel is surrounded by various restaurants, museums, pubs, cafes and clubs.
They offer 4, 5, 6 and 8-bed mixed dorm rooms. All dorm beds have large safety lockers and each bed has its own reading light and power socket. They also have luggage storage, laundry facilities, a large common and a fully equipped guest kitchen.
- Dorms from €9.00
- Privates from €41.00
4. Patio Hostel
Patio Hostel is the most popular hostel in Bratislava. It's only a 5 minute walk to the Bratislava's Old town and it situated in a courtyard.
They offer 12, 10, 6, 4 bed mixed dorm rooms and 4-bed female-only dorm rooms. Some of the dorms are deluxe meaning they are of a higher standard than the normal standard ones. You can hang out with fellow travellers in their bar, (Beer) garden or in the common room. They also offer a wide range of free amenities including free Wifi, free towels, free luggage storage and free lacker lockers in the dorm rooms.
- Dorms from €6.70
- Privates from €29.00
Hostel Brickyard is located in the centre of Bratislava, very close to the main train station (Hlavna Stanica). It is close to many bars, restaurants and cafes.
They offer 4, 6 and 8 bed mixed dorms and 4-bed female-only dorms. Services include free bed linen, laundry facilities, and free luggage storage. You also get the use of their excellent fully equipped guest kitchen.
- Dorms from €8.90
- Privates from €72.00
Wild Elephants Hostel is the best party hostel in Bratislava. It is located in the old town on the 2nd floor of a 200 years old historical building.
They offer 9, 10 and 15 mixed bed dorms. They provide spacious common areas, artistic walls, well-equipped kitchen, comfortable smoking area and table foosball.
- Dorms from €7.00
Safestay Bratislava is located on a quiet street in the centre of Bratislava, but only a stone's throw to the main square of Bratislava. Also the hostel is only a 10 minute from the main train station.
The hostel is set in a 5 story building. There is a big common area, a fully equipped guest kitchen, laundry facilities and the luggage room is free. The dorm rooms are modern and fresh. Each dorm bed comes with individual night light, two power sockets and shelf. Some dorm beds have their own privacy curtains.
- Dorms from €8.60
- Privates from €32.00
Zeitlos Boutique Hostel is situated in the heart of Bratislava. From here you can explore the Old Town and the Castle on foot. This is very small hostel with only six rooms in total.
Zeitlos Boutique Hostel offers 6 and 8 bed mixed dorms as well as some private rooms. All dorm (bunk) beds come with a separate reading lamp and privacy curtain. They have an on-site bar but by far the highlight of this hostel is their beautiful outdoor terrace.
- Dorms from €12.00
- Privates from €45.00
If you are looking for a more chilled out and relaxing stay in Bratislava then Urban Elephants Hostel is perfect for you. They are located in a very central area where you will be close to everything Bratislava has to offer.
They offer 6, 8 and 14 bed mixed dorm rooms as well as 4-bed female-only dorms. The rooms are bright, fresh and super clean. They encourage you to try some of their activities that range from walking tours and pub crawls.
- Dorms from €6.00
Freddie next to Mercury is yet another centrally-located hostel, just 5-minute walk from the main train station and a 10-minute walk to the historical centre of Bratislava. The staff here are very welcoming and friendly.
They offer 8-bed mixed dormitory rooms. They have a partially equipped kitchen, common room and a garden opened during the summer months.
- Dorms from €9.10
- Privates from €27.30
Best Website to Book a Hostel
Hostelworld is by far the biggest and the best website for booking hostels because they have the best availability and prices. The website is designed to include many filters to help find a hostel that best suits your needs. For instance, you can filter hostels by price or by rating for a particular city.
Below are handy links to the best hostels in Bratislava. Just click on any of the links to check prices and availability for your dates.
I hope this list of the best hostels in Bratislava helps you pick a hostel that best suits your needs during your stay in Bratislava. In general, the overall standard of hostels in Bratislava is good but there are still some bad hostels. Hopefully, this list will help you avoid the bad or mediocre hostels in Bratislava ensuring you enjoy your stay in Bratislava. My favourite hostel in Bratislava is CHORS.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, BHE earns a commission if you make a purchase. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.