Last Updated on
Best Hostels in Barcelona
Check out our picks for the Best Hostels in Barcelona, Spain.
Some hostels in Barcelona are of a high very standard and some of the best hostels get extremely high ratings on HostelWorld. There are 141 hostels in Barcelona and we have narrowed this down to the 10 best hostels in Barcelona.
When choosing a hostel in Barcelona or any other city, you should consider the following:
- Check-in/Check-out times – Check-out time for most hostels in Barcelona is 12 noon. Check-in time for most hostels is between 2 pm and 4 pm. Please note that nearly every hostel in Barcelona offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check in or out.
- Free wifi – We all need Wifi when we travel. Every hostel will have wifi but some won't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. My advice is to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi.
- Kitchen – If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in Barcelona only have partially equipped kitchens.
- Age Restrictions – With most hostels in Barcelona, you have to be between 18 and 39 years old, but with some youth hostel, you have to be under 35 to stay in a dorm. If you are want to stay in a private room, there are normally no age restrictions.
- Costs - Hostels in Barcelona are some of the most expensive in Europe. In bed in a dorm room starts at €9 per night (normally large dorm rooms) in the off-season, but expect to pay €20 to €30 per night in a medium sized dorm room (6 to 10 beds) in the high season. As with all other major cities in Europe prices at the weekend tend to be 20% to 40% higher. Check HostelWorld to get exact prices for your dates.
The 10 Best Hostels in Barcelona
1. Best Hostels in Barcelona - 360 Hostel Barcelona Arts and Culture
360 Hostel Barcelona Arts&Culture is the best hostel in Barcelona. If you want to immerse yourself in the culture of Barcelona, then this is the ideal place for you to stay during your trip to Barcelona. They offer free walking tours, a a paella-making class and free tapas every Thursday for all hostel guests. They also have a beautiful outdoor terrence where you can relax after a tough day of sight-seeing.
The hostel is located in the El Born neighbourhood of Barcelona. Here you will find many hip bars, restuarant and cafes. Both Urquinaona and Arc de Triomf metro stations are less than a 5-minute walk from the hostel.
All their dorms are mixed dorms. All bunk beds have their own night lamp and power point. All rooms are accessed by key card only and all bathrooms come equipped witha hairdryer and hair straightener.
Dorms from €14.30
2. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Hostel One Sants
Hostel One Sants mission is to made a great atmosphere for you to meet other traveller. They offer a wide range of activities such as free walking tours and free entrance to some of the best clubs in Barcelona and they even provide every guest with a FREE home-cooked dinner every night.
Hostel One Sants is just a 12-minute walk from Sants Station, the main train station in Barcelona, which is very close to the famous Camp Nou Stadium complex, home to the Barcelona football team. The hostel features a beautiful rooftop terrace, large basement area equipped with pool table, reading corner and TV.
Dorms from €17.10
3. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace
Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace is the best party hostel in Barcelona. There's always something going on in their famous bar. But don't worry about getting a good night's sleep as all rooms are sound-proofed. One of their standout features is their rooftop swimming pool opened from April to October.
Sant Jordi Hostel is located in the hip Eixample neighbourhood of Barcelona, where you'll find many tapas bars and other restuarants. The Passeig de Gràcia metro stop is only a 5-minute walk and from there you can hop on metro lines L2, L3 and L4. They've got mixed dorms and private rooms in all sizes. All dorm beds come with an individual reading light and charging station. You can cook our own meals in their fully guest kitchen.
Dorms from €12.50
4. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Black Swan
Black Swan is situted bang in the centre of Barcelona, between Arc de Triomf and Plaça de Catalunya. Popular tourist sights like Ciutadella Park is only a 10 minute walk away. Want to learn how to make the best paella in town, then take one of their free cooking classes. They've also got free breakfast and dinner every day.
Their rooms are fresh and comfy. They offer mixed or female-only dorms making it an ideal hostel for the solo female traveller.
Dorms from €10.30
5. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Yeah Hostel Barcelona
When you arrive at Yeah Hostel Barcelona, you will receive a warm welcome and a free shot. You'll also have space to relax in their large common area, at their on-site bar or at their rooftop pool. The Verdaguer metro station is only a 3-minute walk away from where you can reach the famous architecture and trendy shops of the Barri Gòtic (Gothic Quarter) in a few stops.
All rooms including their private rooms and mixed or female-only dorms have en-suite bathrooms. The bunks are custom-made and have a reading light and air conditioning to cool you down on hot summer nights. They also have a slick stainless-steel kitchen where you can cook your own meals.
Dorms from €17.50
6. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Bed & Bike Barcelona
If you're for a unique hostel experience in Barcelona, then Bed & Bike Hostel is the place for you. They head out on a cycling tour each morning that will take you to the coolest spots in Barcelona. Chill out in one of their common rooms by playing some pool, strumming on a guitar or soak up the sun on a deck chair in their outdoor terrace.
They are located on a quiet residential street in the Eixample district and within walking distance of Barcelona's must-see sights. La Sagrada Família cathedral is only a 10-minute walk away and Girona metro stop, an 8-minute walk away. They have mixed or female-only dorms that have pod style beds with privacy curtains, each bunk has a reading light and a power socket. You can also use their industrial style kitchen to prepare your own meals.
Dorms from €27.80
7. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Rocket Hostels Gracia
Rocket Hostels Gracia was completely refurbished in 2013 and stands out for its cleanliness and modern facilities. Located in the hip and vibrant district of Gracia, only a few minute walk to the famous Gaudí’s Park Güell.
Dorms from €12.30
8. Best Hostels in Barcelona - Amistat Beach Hostel
Amistat Beach Hostel just a few steps away from one of the nicest beaches of Barcelona. They offer plenty of endless free amenities such as Pasta, Breakfast & Wifi. It's a relatively new hostel in Barcelona, with a 'cool' vibe, lots of activities like community dinners & night tours.
Dorms from €10.00
9. Best Hostels in Barcelona - TOC Hostel Barcelona
In TOC Barcelona you will feel in a unique hostel with a fabulous interior design that will make your stay cool and unforgettable. Relax, make friends in our awesome and popular terrace with a cosy swimming pool, the best choice for sunny days!
Dorms from €22.00
Disclosure: Most of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation via our link, BHE earns a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.