Best Hostels in Barcelona
Check out our picks for the Best Hostels in Barcelona, Spain. Some hostels in Barcelona are of a high very standard and some of the best hostels get extremely high ratings on HostelWorld. There are 141 hostels in Barcelona and we have narrowed this down to the best 10 hostels in Barcelona.
When choosing a hostel in Barcelona or any other city, you should consider the following:
- Check-in/Check-out times – Check-out time for most hostels in Barcelona is 12 noon. Check-in time for most hostels is between 2 pm and 4 pm. Please note that nearly every hostel in Barcelona offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check in or out.
- Free wifi – We all need Wifi when we travel. Every hostel will have wifi but some won't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. My advice is to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi. There's nothing worse than a slow connection.
- Kitchen – If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in Barcelona only have partially equipped kitchens.
- Age Restrictions – With most hostels in Barcelona, you have to be between 18 and 39 years old, but with some youth hostel, you have to be under 35 to stay in a dorm. If you are want to stay in a private room, there are normally no age restrictions.
- Costs - Hostels in Barcelona are some of the most expensive in Europe. In bed in a dorm room starts at €9 per night (normally large dorm rooms) in the off-season, but expect to pay €20 to €30 per night in a medium sized dorm room (6 to 10 beds) in the high season. As with all other major cities in Europe prices at the weekend tend to be 20% to 40% higher. Check HostelWorld to get exact prices for your dates.
Best Hostels in Barcelona - 360 HOSTEL BARCELONA ARTS & CULTURE
Ronda Sant Pere 56, Principal, 08010, Barcelona.
The hostel is only a few steps away from Plaza Catalunya, the charming neighbourhood of El Born and the Triumph Arch. Both Urquinaona and Arc de Triomf metro stations are less than a 5-minute walk from the hostel.
Dorms from €14.30
Best Hostels in Barcelona - HOSTEL ONE SANTS
Calle Casteras 9, Barcelona.
Hostel One Sants is not just a hostel it's a place where you're gonna feel the same comfort and liberty as if you were in your own home but in Barcelona! And you'll get free dinner! There's no curfew, so you can come and go 24 hours per day as you please.
Dorms from €17.10
Best Hostels in Barcelona - SANT JORDI HOSTEL ROCK PALACE
Carrer Balmes 75, Barcelona, Barcelona.
Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace is the Rock Hostel in Barcelona! Dedicated to Rock Music of all ages it is a designer hostel in Downtown Barcelona with the best, modern facilities, an ideal central location, fun atmosphere and world-famous services.
Dorms from €12.50
Best Hostels in Barcelona - PARS TAILOR'S HOSTEL
Carrer de Sepulveda 146, Barcelona.
Pars Tailor is a brand new property run by friendly staff and with a chilled out and relaxed atmosphere. The Property is designed like a 1930's tailor shop, vintage and industrial decoration furnished with old and typical tailor shop objects from different places of the world.
Dorms from €12.30
Best Hostels in Barcelona - MEDITERRANEAN YOUTH HOSTEL
Diputació 335 principal, Barcelona, Spain.
If you're looking to go sight-seeing in Barcelona, Mediterranean Youth Hostel is in a great location. It's about 6 minutes' walk to La Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, La Rambla, Plaça Catalunya and the nightlife of Barri Gòtic.
Dorms from €12.50
Best Hostels in Barcelona - ROCKET HOSTELS GRACIA
Carrer Mare de Deu del Coll 59, Barcelona.
Rocket Hostels Gracia was completely refurbished in 2013 and stands out for its cleanliness and modern facilities. Located in the hip and vibrant district of Gracia, only a few minute walk to the famous Gaudí’s Park Güell.
Dorms from €12.30
Best Hostels in Barcelona - AMISTAT BEACH HOSTEL
C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona.
Amistat Beach Hostel just a few steps away from one of the nicest beaches of Barcelona. We offer plenty of endless amenities (Pasta, WIFI, breakfast… etc.). A new youth property in Barcelona, with a 'cool' vibe, lots of activities like community dinners & night tours.
Dorms from €10.00
Best Hostels in Barcelona - TOC HOSTEL BARCELONA
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 580, Barcelona.
In TOC Barcelona you will feel in a unique hostel with a fabulous interior design that will make your stay cool and unforgettable. Relax, make friends in our awesome and popular terrace with a cosy swimming pool, the best choice for sunny days!
Dorms from €22.00
Best Hostels in Barcelona - HELLOBCN HOSTEL
Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona.
HelloBCN Hostel is within 20 minutes' walk of La Rambla, Port Vell, Barri Gòtic, Plaça de Catalunya and Plaça Reial, making it a central hostel for those looking to explore Barcelona on foot.
Dorms from €9.00
Disclosure: Most of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation via our link, BHE earns a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.