Best Hostels in Valencia
Check out our picks for the Best Hostels in Valencia, Spain.
Valencia is the third largest city in Spain. It's only a 4-hour bus ride from Barcelona and very much worth a visit. Valencia is an ideal destination to visit all year round as it rarely experiences anything but sunshine. We wrote a guide on the Best Hostels in Valencia to help you find the one that best suits your needs.
Valencia has a very rich history as it is one of Spain's oldest cities. The Valencia region even has its own language (Valencian). The old town has some amazing architecture, but the but popular tourist attraction is the City of Arts and Sciences which is a stunning entertainment complex which includes a Cinema, an interactive Science Museum, an open-air Oceanographic Park and an Opera House.
When choosing a hostel in Valencia or any other city, you should consider the following:
- Check out time – Check out time for most hostels in Europe is 11 am, but can vary depending on the individual hostel. Some hostels offer a late check but for an extra fee. You will have to consult with them while you are there though. Please note that nearly every hostel offers Free Luggage storage before or after you check in or out. But it's also worth double checking this if you require this service.
- Free breakfast – Only some hostels in Valencia include breakfast in the price. If it is included in the price this saves you on the cost of breakfast. While breakfast seems to cost only €3 extra in most hostels in Valencia, it all adds up.
- Free wifi – We all need Wifi when we travel. Every hostel will have wifi but some don't have it in the rooms, they just have it in common areas. You may want to read some reviews on the speed of the Wifi. There's nothing worse than a slow connection.
- Kitchen – If the hostel you are staying at has a fully equipped kitchen, you can save money by cooking your own meals. Some hostels in Valencia only have partially equipped kitchens.
- Costs - A bed in a dorm room starts at €10 per night (normally in a large dorm room), but expect to pay €12 to €16 per night in a medium sized dorm room (6 to 10 beds). Cheaper hostels generally have poor reviews, but some highly rated hostels in Valencia are also cheap. Check HostelWorld to get exact prices for your dates.
Best Hostels in Valencia by Category
- Best Hostel in Valencia - Home Youth Hostel Valencia
- Best Hostel for Solo Female Travelers in Valencia - Red Nest Hostel Valencia
- Best Cheap Hostel in Valencia - The River Hostel
- Best Party Hostel in Valencia - Purple Nest Hostel Valencia
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Valencia - Urban Youth Hostel
- Best Luxury Hostel in Valencia - Quart Youth Hostel
The 8 Best Hostels in Valencia
1. Best Hostel in Valencia - Home Youth Hostel Valencia by Feetup Hostels
Home Youth Hostel is situated in the heart of the city, in Barrio del Carmen district. It's close particularly close to the Central Market and La Lonja (Silk Market), which are two of Valencia's top tourist attractions.
The beds in the dorm rooms are single beds (no bunk-beds). Each bed has it's own separate power point and reading light. Every room has hot/cold air conditioning, free WI-FI, a mirror and your own security locker. Other amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, Laundry facilities, Bicycle Hire and all rooms are Keycard access only ensuring that you will be safe in your room at night.
Dorms from €15.90 & Privates from €46.90
Plaça de Vicent Iborra, s/n, 46003 Valencia, Spain
2. Best Cheap Hostel in Valencia - The River Hostel
The River Hostel is located bang in the centre of Valencia right beside the beautiful Turia Gardens and just a 5-minute walk to Valencia Cathedral. Alameda Metro Station is only 5-minute walk away, which provides direct access to and from the Airport.
All rooms have air conditioning for Summer nights and heating for the Winter and most of them have a balcony. There are vending machines for drinks and guests can have breakfast in their café (but for an extra fee). The reception is open 24/7, Free Wifi is provided throughout the building and they also provide free luggage storage.
Prices start at only €10.20 per making The River Hostel hostel one of the cheapest hostels in Valencia.
Dorms from €10.20 & Privates from €38.80
Plaça del Temple, 6, 46003 València, Spain
3. Best Hostel for Solo Female Travelers in Valencia - Red Nest Hostel Valencia
Red Nest Hostel is located in the centre and is only a 5-minute walk to Plaza de la Virgen and Plaza de la Reina. This is a colourful, bright and vibrant hostel ideal for solo travellers.
The hostel features a large fully equipped kitchen, Free Wifi, a common room with an outdoor terrace. The buffet breakfast costs only €3. Other Services/Facilities include, 24/7 Reception desk, Late check-out, all rooms are Key Card Access only, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities, Vending Machines and a recently opened on-site bar with the good value prices.
Red Nest is my tip for the best hostel for solo female travellers they offer four and six-bed female-only dorms.
Dorms from €10.20 & Privates from €38.70
Carrer de la Pau, 36, 46003 València, Spain
4. Best Party Hostel in Valencia - Purple Nest Hostel Valencia
Purple Nest Hostel is only a 10-minute walk to most of Valencia top tourist attractions, including Plaza de la Virgen and Plaza de la Reina and just a 5-minute walk to two metro stations. The standout feature of this hostel is their colourfully designed outdoor terrace.
This hostel is renowned for its parties, but if you just want to chill out and relax it's perfect for that too. Breakfast is offered but for an extra fee of €3. Other services provided include Free Wifi, Air Conditioning in all rooms, a Large Common Room, a Guest kitchen, Bicycle Hire, Laundry Facilities, Luggage Storage, Vending Machines and last but not least their on-site bar where you can party the night away.
Dorms from €10.40 & Privates from €37.90
Plaça de Tetuan, 5, 46003 València, Spain
5. Best Luxury Hostel in Valencia - Quart Youth Hostel
Quart Youth Hostel is yet another hostel situated in the centre of Valencia. It's just a short walk to the old town and most tourist attractions.
They have a fully equipped kitchen where you can prepare their own meals and a cafe. Services offered include Free WiFi, Free use of Guest PCs, Air Conditioning, Rooms are Key Card Access only, individual Reading Lamp (Not in standard dorms) and Electric plug. Facilities include Common Room, Gym, Laundry Facilities, Luggage Storage, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities, Vending Machines and Luggage Storage.
Their private rooms are of a 3-star hotel standard and have a very contemporary design.
Dorms from €14.00 & Privates from €42.00
Calle Guillem de Castro, 64, 46001 Valencia, Spain
6. Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Valencia - Urban Youth Hostel
Urban Youth Hostel is not located in the centre of Valencia, but the centre can be reached easily via the metro. However, it is within walking distance (20 minutes) of the beach.
They have a large Guest Kitchen and it is fully equipped with all modern appliances. Each bunk bed has its Security Locker, Power socket and individual Reading Lamp. Other Services/Amenities provided include Air Conditioning, a Common Room, Key Card Access, many Outdoor Terraces, a fully equipped Guest Kitchen, 24/7 Reception, Bicycle Hire, self-service Laundry Facilities, Luggage Storage and Vending Machines.
Dorms from €13.00
Avinguda del Port, 280, 46024 Valencia, Spain
7. Best Hostels in Valencia - Center Valencia Youth Hostel
Center Valencia Youth Hostel is the most centrally located hostel in Valencia. Plaza de la Virgen and the Cathedral are only 50 meters away and El Micalet tower is 100 meters. Estación del Norte (One of Valencia's main train stations) is also very close.
Free wifi is in the entire hostel. The hostel provides Air Conditioning, Central Heating, Laundry Facilities, Luggage Store and lockers in the rooms. All dorm beds have their own Reading Lamp and power point and all female only dorms come with their own ensuite bathroom. The hostel also a fully equipped Guest Kitchen, a Common Room, Outdoor Terrace, Laundry Facilities, Key Card Access only, Vending Machines and Breakfast is included in the price.
Dorms from €10.90
Carrer de Samaniego, 18, 46003 València, Spain
8. Best Hostels in Valencia - Up! Hostel Valencia
Up Hostel is located in the heart of Valencia, inside the Valencia North Train Station (Estación del Norte) which also happens to be in the centre of Valencia.
They have spacious common areas where you can chat with fellow travellers on comfy sofas. They also provide you with a daily continental breakfast. This is not included in the price but costs only €3. All dorm beds have a reading light and a power socket. Free Wifi is throughout and they also provide Bicycle Hire, Luggage Storage, a Bar and an Outdoor Terrace.
Dorms from €10.80
Carrer de Xàtiva, 24, 46007 València, Spain
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, BHE earns a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support is much appreciated and helps to keep the site going.